Monday, October 19, 2009

With A Single Thought

Today a friend sent a video on facebook that was pretty funny. It was Eddie Izzard and the Death Star Canteen. Izzard jokes that there must be a cafeteria on the Death Star and that Darth Vader may go there for lunch. In the video DV gets into a tiff with a canteen worker, who does not recognize him, and he says "I can kill you with a single thought" and "I can kill myself with a single thought."

How often do we think about the powerful nature of our thoughts? Can we kill others and ourselves with our thoughts? We can kill the spirit of others with unkind thoughts, attitudes, and words. We can instill fear. We can kill ourselves with a single thought whenever we think "I can't" or "I'm not good enough". But, we can only do so with permission from ourselves or others.

For the rest of the day I resolve to not kill anyone, including myself, with a single thought. If we can kill with thoughts we can also live, prosper, grow, love, thrive, and if there is time maybe squeeze in lunch at the canteen.

Have an ectoplasmic day!

No comments: