Monday, November 24, 2008

Our thoughts

Thoughts are things. Spiritualists, metaphyscians, new age practitioners, and those who practice Science of Mind, have long acknowledged that thought is powerful. Our thoughts may be able to change the world. Writers such as Dyer, Chopra, Hill, and Hay have all written, in some way, that we may not always be able to change a situation, but that we always have the power to change how we think about a situation. I wish to go a step beyond and suggest that if we change how we think about a situation we can often find just the right word or action to peacefully affect a change. Sometimes it isn't enough to just change how we think. We must change what we do. It's an ellipsis of thought and action. Thoughts inform actions and actions inform thoughts. Why do I bring this up today? Because it is on my mind. My thought. Thinking about how changing how I feel about a circumstance may affect change. It will definitely affect what I do!

No comments: