Friday, November 14, 2008

Paying Attention

Two interactions happened between yesterday and today that deserve some attention.

1. While driving to the grocery store I glanced into my rearview mirror and I thought I saw a woman I worked with 20 years ago, who I do not see often - randomly, in the car behind me. While shopping I ran into her partner who was by herself shopping for a church event. She was just about to buy a ton of nut based products for a group of children. She was stunned to learn that is a no-no these days with so many children diagnosed with nut allergies. Hmmm...

2. Went for coffee today with a friend. Glanced up and saw a former colleague who I had not seen in close to 7 years. She could not believe she saw me as just last night she had talked to her husband and daughter about me and wondered how to get in touch.

This seems to happen all the time.

Have an ectoplasmic day!

No comments: